Set in the heart of Mundaring overlooking Sculpture Park, Mundaring Hotel is best known for winning the Best Country Pub Steak Sandwich award in 2009 and runner up in 2015 and 2106 plus becoming finalists in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014. Bottom line is we do one of the best steak sandwiches in Perth.
The Mundaring Hotel has five areas including a lounge, bar, restaurant, outdoor patio and a new beer garden with an upper terrace and kids wonderful playground.
With 12 beers on tap, over 30 bottles of wine and 90 bottles of whiskey, there is a drink for everyone, not to mention the Juice Boxes for kids. Our menu is traditional “pub food”, along with a few up-market dishes. Bon Appetite!!!
History of the Mundaring Hotel
Mundaring Hotel was established in April 1899 by John Frank and H.A Hummerston. Jacoby Street was the main street in Mundaring at this time. The first publican in Mundaring was Albert Maddock but, by June 1900, his lease had been taken over by John C Chipper. Chippers Advertisements for his new business were designed to attract the tourist trade – “For an ideal holiday resort or a quiet change, there are few places to surpass the Mundaring Hotel, conducted by Mr Chipper, and situated right opposite the Mundaring Railway Station”
Mundaring Railway Station closed in 1954 and is now Sculpture Park.
Later licensees of the thriving hotel were Charles Howe, H.C. Scott, A.A. Gregory, Thomas Clipson, C. Comyns, T. Carrington, William Gill and Fred Jacoby.
The Original owner H.A Hummerston died in 1932 and Jacoby bought the place outright in 1938.
Mundaring Hotel in more recent years is famous for winning the Best Country Pub Steak Sandwich and is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. A major refurbishment of Decor, Furnishings and Outdoor entertaining area by the current Landowners, the Italiano Family and the current Licensee Jim Middleton took place in November 2010 in keeping with the traditional Australian Hotel.
The Aboriginal name of the area ‘Mindah-lung’ said to mean ‘a high place on a high place’, was anglicised to become ‘Mundaring’.